About Digital Collections
UNR Digital Collections are managed by the Digital Initiatives Team who take steps to preserve, organize, and make accessible the Universities’ vast holdings of digital materials.
Digital Initiatives Mission Statement
To collaboratively develop, manage, and provide long-term preservation of and access to digital assets housed by the University Libraries and our partners.
We will achieve this by doing the following:
- Sustain our collections in a constantly changing environment where upgrades, new software, and evolving digital formats require flexibility and continuous learning.
- Prioritize, plan, and document the workflow of every project that goes through the digitization process.
- Improve the access to and discovery of our digitally archived materials by creating and maintaining metadata that adheres to established content standards.
- Document, store, and maintain digital materials.
- Develop, build, and maintain digital collections and/or exhibits that contribute to a variety of communities and provide access to unique holdings offered by UNR.
- Support selected digital projects in partnership with University and community entities that promote the digital preservation of artifacts, manuscripts, oral and written histories, etc. that preserve the culture and history of the region, as well as the creative endeavors of University staff and students.