As the Metadata Librarian I set description standards for providing access to the libraries unique and unpublished materials including archives and manuscript collections, photographs and digital collections.
M.S., Library and Information Science (Specialization in Archives and Records Management), Indiana University
B.A., Anthropology and History, University of Nevada, Reno
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Floyd, J. & Dirk, K. (2017) “Increasing access to manuscript and archives collections: Strategic implementation of technological and human solutions for improving legacy metadata” In C. Ippoliti (Ed.) Moving Beyond the Wow Factor: The Savvy Librarian’s Guide to Technology Innovation in Academic Libraries. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littefield.
- Floyd, J. (2017) "Communicating to End-Users through Classification" Paper presented at: Nevada E-Records Forum 2017 October 5th, 2017 Carson City, NV
- Floyd, J. & Maddox, J. (2017) "Collections, Discovery, Users, and Use: A Systematic Assessment of Statistics for the University of Nevada, Reno Special Collections" Poster presented at: 2017 Society of American Archivists Research Forum Tuesday, July 25, 2017 Portland, OR
- Floyd, J. (2016) “The Digital Archivist: Defining roles and responsibilities” Paper Presented at: National Digital Stewardship Alliance: Digital Preservation 2016, November 10, 2016 Milwaukee, WI.
- Floyd, J. (2015) “Connecting with the Broader Community: Hosting and evaluating the impact of a preservation workshop at two universities” Archival Outlook. September/October 2015. p. 8