Finding Company or Industry Information
Business and industry information can be found both on the open web and by using databases purchased by UNR Libraries.
The best sources for industry information:
- BizMiner contains industry financial analysis benchmarks and industry trends organized by states, counties, and metropolitan areas.
- IBISWorld holds a comprehensive collection of industry market research and risk ratings.
The best sources of financial data, including balance sheet data and ratios, are:
- Mergent Online
- Value Line Investment Survey Online
- WRDS (Wharton Research Data Services)
The best sources of company news, SWOT, market positions, and other secondary information are:
- Passport includes SWOT analyses for companies and industries
- Mintel Reports and Passport contain detailed market and brand share analysis.
- ReferenceUSA contains company information, search by zip code, city, county, state, and customized geographic criteria.
- MarketLine Advantage includes company SWOT analyses, company overviews, industry profiles, case studies, news and statistics.
- Data-Planet Statistical Datasets includes 35 billion data points in over 4.9 billion data-sets sourced from public and private sources and 16 subject areas.
Still not finding the company or industry information you need? Check out the Business Library Guide.