Requesting Books from Other Libraries
If the University of Nevada, Reno’s copy of a book is checked out, the library can usually get a copy for you at no cost from another library.
Link+ is a network of California and Nevada libraries with a cooperative borrowing agreement. It is the fastest option for getting books the library does not own. You can find a button that will take you to Link+ in the results pages of OneSearch or the Library Catalog.
- Enter the title of the book in the search box.
- Click on the title of the book you want to request.
- The next screen will tell you how many libraries have this item; click Request This Item.
- In the drop-down menu, select University of Nevada, Reno.
- Enter your name and your barcode number (the number on the back of your WolfCard).
The library will contact you by email when your book arrives. It will take 2 to 5 business days. You can pick it up at the Access Services Desk on the main floor of the Knowledge Center.
Request through Interlibrary Loan (Illiad)
If the book you want is not available through Link+, request it through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
- Go to ILLiad
- Enter your NetID Username and Password and click on Logon to ILLiad
- One time only: The first time you use ILLiad, you will have to register to make sure we have the correct information to notify you when your requested items are ready
- After you log on, click on Book under New Request on the menu of options on the left side of the screen
- Fill out the required fields
The library will contact you by email when your book arrives. It will take 1 to 2 weeks. You can pick it up at the Access Services Desk on the main floor of the Knowledge Center.