What to expect coming into the building
Beginning July 6th, the Knowledge Center, DeLaMare, and Savitt Libraries will be open from 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Only the automated glass entries are open in the Knowledge Center. The University has installed plexiglass barriers, and social distancing markers to help protect both visitors and staff. All visitors are required to wear face coverings over their nose and mouth while in the buildings. Computers will be available, but fewer than usual due to distancing, and access to other floors will be limited.
Social distancing of at least six feet is required at all times. Floors at service points have been marked to indicate safe distances.
Visitors and staff must all wear face coverings while in the Libraries. Virtual services remain available.
For the safety of both staff and visitors, the University has installed plexiglass at key services points.
Floors 1 and 2 are open to the public. Access to other floors is currently restricted.
On-site vs. virtual services
Service points will be phasing in hours and services. Consult the website or call the department you plan to visit before coming to campus. Research and computing help, and Instructional support are still offered primarily remotely. Other locations and services may be available on-site by prior appointment. Consult our hours page for up-to-date information.
We are sanitizing surfaces within the buildings several times a day to promote safety. Hand sanitizer is provided on every floor for users to protect themselves, and masks and social distancing are being enforced.
Social distancing of at least six feet is required at all times when on campus or when visiting one of the Libraries – the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library and the Savitt Medical Library.
Face coverings are required of all users in the Libraries.
Books from the Knowledge Center, Savitt Medical Library, and DeLaMare are available for checkout to students, staff, and faculty.
- Search the Library Catalog or OneSearch for books.
- Request the item(s) you’d like:
- Click the title to get to the full record
- Use the “Request this item” button at the top of the book record for items from the stacks
- Use the “Request from MARS” button for MARS items
- Repeat for any other items you’d like. We’ll pull them together in one place
- Wait for email notification that your item(s) are ready. Allow one full business day for processing.
- For DeLaMare and Savitt items, you will go to the circulation desk to check them out.
- For Knowledge Center items, including from the Basque Library, your notification will include the locker location and locker combination to retrieve your items. Please bring that information with you. Come to the lockers (1st floor alcove outside @One). Please pickup your items within three days of the notification or contact us if you are unable to come in to get them.
Your item(s) will already be checked out to you. You can renew online and see all items checked out to you via My Account.