What does OneSearch search?
OneSearch searches over 600 million books, e-books, scholarly articles, audiovisual resources, images, and more. It includes items from:
- Library catalog items: Items physically located in UNR Libraries
- Digital collections: images, documents, recordings, and maps.
A small portion of the Library Catalog and Digital Collections are not included in OneSearch
- Research Databases: E-journal articles, e-books, streaming media, and other subscription content
Some information found in specialized databases cannot be found in OneSearch.
Users have the option to include searched from digital repositories from universities, museums, and open-access archives from libraries around the world.
When to use OneSearch
OneSearch is great for:
- Getting started on your research
- Searching for different kinds of formats at the same time, such as journal articles, print books and e-books, and streaming video
- Researching interdisciplinary topics
- Searching by keyword across the author, title, and subject fields, as well as the full-text of available items. (Approximately 70% of OneSearch content includes searching across the full text of the item.)
However, it's important to note that OneSearch searches most but not all of UNR's library holdings. In-depth or comprehensive research may be better done in subject-specific databases.
Are there other options for searching library holdings?
While OneSearch can help get started with your research, if you don't find what you need, you may want to try some other options. These options include:
- Specialized databases on our Databases A-Z list
- Browsing or searching for particular journal titles from our Journals A-Z list
- The traditional library catalog (which has all the Libraries' cataloged physical items)
- WorldCat Discovery, for doing a local and global search for published materials.
- Special Collection Archives (for UNR manuscript, archives, and photo collections, as well as unique local holdings)
- Digital Collections (University and community artifacts, manuscripts, oral and written histories, etc.)