Sadly, University Libraries is withdrawing from LINK+ this summer. The last day to place a request is April 15, 2021. Any items you have checked-out and requested on or before that day will be processed as usual with no reduction in checkout and renewal periods. We plan to join another borrowing consortium next year that will provide the same easy access LINK+ has. In the meantime, please use ILLiad and Washoe County Library ILL for InterLibrary Loan requests, or reach out to a Subject Librarian to further assist you.
If you have any questions about LINK+, contact us at (775)682-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is LINK+?
- LINK+ is a catalog of more than 4.5 million unique titles available from over 60 academic and public libraries throughout California and Nevada. This service allows current University of Nevada, Reno students, staff, faculty, and community borrowers to request a book not readily available from University Libraries.
- Be sure to check LINK+ before filling out an Interlibrary Loan request (ILLiad) or placing a hold on a University of Nevada, Reno book that is checked-out (recall).
How to use LINK+
- If a search of the University Libraries’ Collection provides 0 results or the book is unavailable in our catalog, click the LINK+ pass-through button. This will open your current search in the LINK+ catalog. Paying close attention to the format – no Electronic Resources; Music Recordings; DVDs, VHS & Blu-Ray; Audio Books; Microform – select a book record to request. Select University of Nevada, Reno as your institution, enter your first and/or last name, your library barcode, choose a Pickup Location, then hit submit.
Status of LINK+ requests
- Books are delivered to to the designated pickup location within 2-5 business days. It is important that the library has your correct email address to ensure you are notified. Be sure to check the status of your requests in Your Library Account. Books that are ready for pick-up have the status: Ready. Must pick up by mm/dd/yy.
- Books will remain on the hold shelf for 10 days then sent home.
LINK+ Borrowing Policies
- Books borrowed through LINK+ may be checked out for 21 days with the option to renew once for an additional 21 days. You may renew in person at any Library circulation desk, by calling (775)682-5625, or online via Your Library Account.
- Late fees are $1 per day per book. The replacement fee for a LINK+ book can be as high as $115.
- Please disregard [electronic resources] in the LINK+ catalog. They are only accessible by patrons at the owning library.