About The 4K Room
Featuring 4K UHD monitors, multimedia content creation software, and ultra-fast connection to StorNext® data management system, the 4K room is designed for group collaboration on digital multimedia projects. Located in the @One on the first floor of the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, the 4K Room is divided into three workstations. Each station is reserved online and unique in what software and equipment are available. Select a category below to learn more. In order to access the 4K room at the scheduled time of your reservation, please visit the Multimedia Circulation Desk located in the back of the @One.
4K Room Features & Workstations
Graphic Design Station
- Mac Pro (Late 2013)
- Toshiba 4K UHD 31.5" monitor
- Wacom Cintiq 24" HD Tablet & Pen
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2018
- Final Cut Pro X
- Kolor Autopano 360° Video Stitching Software
Reserving the 4K Room
In order to access the 4K room at the scheduled time of your reservation, please visit the Multimedia Circulation Desk located in the back of the @One.
There are two methods to reserving each station:
How to Reserve Online
The EMS portal allows students and faculty/staff to reserve the Graphic Design and Color Correction Station. The portal also allows for requests regarding spaces reserved for specific activities.
- Reservations are available up to 8 days in advance
- Each NetID may reserve a total of 6 hours within 8 days including a maximum of 1 booking per day and 2 bookings per 8 days.
- To begin the self-booking process:
- Log-in to the EMS portal with your NetID.
- Room reservations can be made by hovering over the reservations icon and selecting "Room Request"
- Fill in the "When and Where" section of the Room Request area. Be sure to select the proper facility you wish to request a room in. Once you have filled in all the fields select the "Find Space" button.
- Once room preferences are submitted available rooms will be displayed. Select the room by clicking the green plus symbol. If there is a scheduling conflict for the room a pop up box will appear and the room will not be booked.
- When a room has been selected click the yellow "Continue" button at the bottom of the page, this will switch the view over to the "Details" tab. Details about the room reservation will be asked for in order to complete the booking of the room.
- Before submitting the reservation verify the email address is correct as this will be where the confirmation is sent.
To make a reservation go to the EMS portal
Refer to General Policies for Reservations for additional information.
View Policies for Reservations
Reservations must be entered by 4:00 p.m. the day before the room is required, or before 4:00 p.m. on Friday if the room is required on a weekend day or on Monday.
If the room is not in use or the current reservation holder is not present after 15-minutes from the beginning of their scheduled reservation, use a pen to write your name and the desired length (no more than 4-hours) of your reservation (example: Jon 7pm-9pm) on the reservation sheet located on the wall outside of the room.