As Director of Research and Instructional Services, I work with students and faculty to help them access resources for teaching, learning, and research. I teach library research to classes, provide individual research consultations, and develop library collections related to Education, Art, and Theatre & Dance. Finally, I serve as Editor-in-Chief for the journal Evidence Based Library and Information Practice.
Ph.D., Education, University of Nevada, Reno
M.S., Library Science, University of North Texas
M.A., Theatre, University of Colorado at Boulder
B.A., English & Theatre, Trinity University
- Medaille, A., Beisler, M., Tokarz, R., & Bucy, R. (2022). The role of self-efficacy in the thesis-writing experiences of undergraduate honors students. Teaching and Learning Inquiry, 10, 1-22.
- Medaille, A., Beisler, M., Tokarz, R. E., & Bucy, R. (2021). Honors students and thesis research: A study of information literacy practices and self-efficacy at the end of students’ undergraduate careers. College & Research Libraries, 82(1), 92-112.
- Medaille, A., & Usinger, J. (2019). Engaging quiet students in the college classroom. College Teaching, 67(2), 130–137.
- Schultz, T., & Medaille, A. (2019). Spinning a scholarly story: Using faculty interviews to develop a scholarly communications agenda for liaison librarians. Association of College & Research Libraries 2019 Conference Proceedings (pp. 569-577).
- Medaille, A., Goldrup, S, & Abernathy, T. (2019). Assessing rigor in teacher education: Do NCTQ’s guidelines measure up? The Teacher Educator, 54(1), 72–89.
- Medaille, A., & Usinger, J. (2018). “That’s going to be the hardest thing for me”: Tensions experienced by quiet students during collaborative learning situations. Educational Studies.
- Beisler, M., & Medaille, A. (2016). How do students get help with research assignments? Using drawings to understand students’ help seeking behavior. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 42(4), 390-400.
- Brown, N. E., Bussert, K., Hattwig, D., & Medaille, A. (2016). Visual literacy for libraries: A practical, standards-based guide. Chicago: ALA Editions.
Other publications listed through Google Scholar Citations.