GIS Resources & GIS Depot
Thinking about incorporating cool maps with data to analyze patterns, relationships or situations for your class, project, research or thesis/dissertation? Contact the Earth Science, GIS and Maps Librarian to discuss options for your research, schedule a workshop for your class, or one-on-one assistance.
Campus ESRI ArcGIS Access
Campus Computer Labs
The GIS Depot
The GIS Depot is located in the DeLaMare Science and Engineering Library, Basement level, inside the Mary B. Ansari Map Library and is dedicated to providing access and services to help students and faculty with GIS instruction, tutoring, consultations, and more. The computer lab offers 10 computers and GIS walk-in hours for assistance. Walk-in tutoring hours are now being offered via Zoom. Check out the GIS Library Guide for details and times.
List of GIS Software available at the GIS Depot computer lab:
- ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcGlobe, and ArcScene)
- Google Earth Pro
- R Studio
- Anaconda Navigator (Python and R)
- Envi (Remote Sensing)
- Microsoft Suite
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Additional software packages
ArcGIS Software is also available via:
- Dataworks North Computer Lab in the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center
- Remote Services - Learn more about access via remote desktop
Student ESRI Licenses
Current students are eligible to receive a 1-year ArcGIS Desktop or Pro License.
- Single-use licenses for personal computers only
- License includes advanced software and extensions, and can only be used for educational purposes
- Contact the Earth Sciences, GIS, and Maps Librarian Chrissy Klenke (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more