View our design tips, templates, examples, pricing, and policies for poster printing
Prices listed are charged by the linear foot.
|Adhesive Vinyl (59")
|Matte Canvas (59")
|Gloss Canvas (59")
|Satin Cloth (59")
|Specialty Papers (8.5" x 11" & 11" x 17")
- Hot Lamination — $13.09/lin. ft.
- Foam-Cor Heat Activated Mounting
- 1/4 board (30" x 20"): $5.62
- Full board (60" x 40"): $22.48
- Blackboard Press Mounting
- 1/4 board (30" x 20"): $46.12
- Full board (60" x 40"): $184.48
- Grommets 3/8" — $0.25/ea.
- 60" Poster Tube (4" diameter) — $9.92
- 4:1 Pitch Spiral Binding Coil (Black Binders) — $0.50/ea.
- 15mil Ultra Heavy Duty 8.5"x11" Clear Covers — $0.45/ea.
- Lamination Pouches — $0.58/ea.
- Buttons — $0.10/ea.
A good poster...
- Summarizes your work.
- Conveys a message visually.
- Is readable from about 4 feet away.
- Has a clearly discernible organization.
Poster Design Tips
- Avoid text that is too small (18-24 pt minimum).
- Use no more than 2-3 font styles in all, and choose fonts that are easy to read.
- Avoid too much text (no more than 800 words max).
- Use columns, sections, headings, and blocks of text to organize your content.
- Choose a title that illustrates what your poster is about. Your title should be at least twice the size of your regular text.
- Choose colors carefully and pay attention to contrast. If in doubt, dark print on light background is best.
- Selectively incorporate charts, graphs, photographs, and other graphics that support the theme of your poster.
- Avoid fuzzy images; make sure all graphics are high-resolution and easily visible.
- Include your name on your poster and the UNR logo.
- Edit your poster carefully before the final print-out.
More Poster Design Advice
Recommendation for Best Color Output
For those particularly concerned with exactness of color output, it is important to submit a color-managed file.
To embed a working space in Photoshop or Illustrator:
- Open the file.
- Click: Edit » Assign Profile.
- Choose the appropriate working color management profile for the color space of your file.
- For RGB files, use "sRGB IEC61966-2.1"
- For CMYK files, use "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2"
We do not recommend switching color spaces.
Please note, that if the file was not color-managed from the beginning of its creation, or if it was created by an application that does not manage color (such as any Microsoft Office software, like PowerPoint or Publisher) then there is no consistently applicable workflow that can ensure color accuracy, and file-to-print results will be unpredictable.
Examples to help get you started!
Be sure to look at examples in the hallways of UNR buildings!
The following links direct you to 3rd party web/multimedia content. If you experience any issues accessing this content, please notify the @One.
The primary clientele of the @One poster printing service is University of Nevada Reno students, faculty, and staff printing one-off posters for scholarly activities such as homework assignments, professional conference poster sessions, and college or department show-and-tell presentations. An important but secondary clientele is departments, colleges, and university organizations requesting batch promotional print jobs (a batch job is defined as any request for more than 5 copies of a single print).
To assure that we meet the needs of our primary clientele in a timely manner the following guidelines are established:
- Poster requests from primary clientele have top priority; these requests will be filled within 24 business hours, following payment and receipt of the poster print file;
- @One staff does not create, re-size, spot-check, or spell-check for errors, or otherwise edit, posters that is the responsibility of the customer. @One staff will assist customers in some aspects of poster creation, such as technical creation advice, advice regarding which software to use, and some basic instruction on using the software;
- Orders should be picked up within 3 business days. Unclaimed orders after that time may be recycled or thrown away, with no refund or reprint given.
- @One Printing closes one-half hour before the building closes. No orders are taken within one-half hour of closing;
- Payment for poster printing is due when the job is requested, and can be paid in Wolfbucks, debit or credit card. We no longer accept Internal Purchase Orders (IPO’s) or cash. An estimate is just that, until a final ticket has been generated for immediate payment;
- Customers requesting that a poster be reprinted owing to errors that are a consequence of their work - such as typos, color out of gamut, pixilation, ‘darker than expected’, etc. - will need to pay for the reprint. Keep in mind that all images will print darker than what is viewed on the computer screen. If color shade/gamut is particularly important to you, let us know during the ordering process;
- Posters will be reprinted at no charge if errors occur from @One staff or equipment;
- While batch jobs will be completed expediently, entities are strongly encouraged to submit print files for batch jobs well in advance of the date they are needed. Plan for one day of processing for every for every 5 images submitted. Ie, 30 images may take up to 6 business days to complete.
- @One does not print materials intended to promote non-UNR organizations, or for monetary gain. We will not print images with a copyright;
- @One printing services are restricted to people with an active UNR NetID account.
Posters must be submitted in person at the production desk at the east end of the @One. Our student workers will walk through the following steps with you:
- They will work with you to check your images for quality issues.
- Calculate the total printing size. Note: Images must be sized before submission, @One staff will not resize images.
- Help you select a substrate that meets your needs.
- Go over any extra finishing options (mounting/laminating/grommetting) that you might need.
- Finalize the order and take payment. Payment is required at the time of order submission.
We accept a variety of file types but we strongly suggest you choose one of the following:
- PNG - A lossless format suitable for line drawings, text, and images. Nearly all applications allow exporting to PNG, including PowerPoint, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- PDF - PDFs are acceptable, but our printing software has exhibited issues with some PDFs, including those that come from PowerPoint, or include nonstandard embedded fonts.
- JPEG - JPEGs are OK for photographs, but due to how they compress images, they are not recommended for posters containing text.
- Other formats maybe taken, but please check with the @One in advance.
The @One can take WolfBucks, Purchase Card (PCard), Credit Card, or Debit Card as payment. We cannot take cash, but we do have a kiosk for adding cash to your WolfBucks balance. We do not take Internal Purchase Orders (IPOs), no exceptions.
Templates & Images
Looking for templates or logos?
The following links direct you to 3rd party web/multimedia content, if you experience any issues accessing this content, please notify the @One.