Knowledge Center instructional services and tours
High school groups (grades 10-12):
University Libraries Research and Instructional Services staff conduct instructional sessions on a limited basis for high school groups. These sessions typically support student assignments requiring the use of the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries print and online collections. Such services for high school groups are subject to the following guidelines:
- All sessions must be scheduled at least one week in advance, with confirmation by telephone or email. For more information, please contact Ann Medaille via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Groups are usually limited to a maximum of 25 secondary school students.
- Instructional sessions for high school groups are typically scheduled during weekdays between 8:30 am-5:00 pm. Sessions will not be scheduled during the university's midterm and final exam periods. Scheduling is limited by University Library staff availability.
- Teachers and adult supervisors are expected to remain with their students at all times during a library visit. Library staff cannot accept responsibility for supervising non-University of Nevada, Reno students.
- Community borrowers must be 18 years old or older, pay an annual fee, and are limited to having 20 books checked out at a time. See Community Borrower Rules for more details.
Other school groups
- As a general rule, the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries do not provide instructional sessions for children under grades 10-12.
- Walk-through tours for other school children may be arranged through the University Office for Prospective Students (775-784-4700 or 1-866-2NEVADA). The Prospective Student Office staff will coordinate such tours with the University Libraries Research Services staff to avoid scheduling conflicts.
- The University Libraries does not provide tours or group instructional services for groups from post-secondary institutions that are unaffiliated with the Nevada System of Higher Education.