Who is eligible?
Library users with valid University of Nevada, Reno library cards may use the service as follows:
- University faculty, staff, graduate students, and undergraduate students are eligible to use the services without charge. Please register with the ILLiad system to submit requests.
- Nevada System of Higher Education (other than University of Nevada, Reno) faculty and staff may use the services for $3.00 per request plus any associated fees. Please submit requests in person at the Library Services desk during open Library Hours.
- Community Borrowers may use the services for $10.00 per request plus any associated fees. Please submit requests in person at the Library Services desk during open Library Hours.
How long does it take to receive materials?
- Books and other materials usually arrive within 1-2 weeks, though sometimes it can take longer.
- Photocopies of journal articles usually arrive within 2-5 days.
How much does it cost?
- University of Nevada, Reno faculty, staff, and students receive the following services at no charge:
- Interlibrary loan of books and document delivery of articles
- Campus Express book delivery
- Nevada System of Higher Education faculty and staff (non-University of Nevada, Reno) are charged $3.00 per book or periodical article request plus any associated fees, including fees assessed by lending libraries or commercial document delivery suppliers.
- Community Borrowers are charged $10.00 per request for book or periodical article request plus any associated fees, including fees assessed by lending libraries or commercial document delivery suppliers.
What are the delivery options once materials arrive?
- Most articles and other photocopied materials are available electronically from within the ILLiad system. Logon and select "View Your Articles Here". You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, version 5.0 or higher to view the documents. See the ILLiad "Electronic Delivery Information" page for more information.
- Books and other materials must be checked out at the Savitt Medical Library Circulation Desk. Faculty only are eligible to receive office delivery of interlibrary loan books if they select "Mail Delivery" in their ILLiad account.
How do I request renewal of an item I borrowed through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad)?
- After you log in to ILLiad, select Checked Out Items under View from the menu on the left side of the screen. Select the item you wish to renew, then click the renewal request button on the Detailed Information screen. You will be given an automatic *ONE WEEK* renewal. No further renewals will be available. If you will need to use an item past the renewal due date, please let us know. You will need to submit another request for the item so that we can borrow it from another library for you.