As Director of the Savitt Medical Library at the University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine, I am responsible for the overall operations of the Library including developing services and collections that complement the curricula of the programs we support. I also participate in the provision of instruction, reference and research consultation services to students, residents, fellows, faculty and staff.
M.S., Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
B.A., Liberal Arts & Sciences – Economics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Blecic D; Wiberley S; De Groote SL; Shultz M. Publication Patterns of U.S. Academic Librarians and Libraries, 2013-2017 with Comparison to Preceding Studies. College & Research Libraries. In press, expected publication date: July 2023.
- Shultz M, Berryman D. Collection Practices for Non-Traditional Online Resources Among Academic Health Sciences Libraries. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2020 April 108(2): 253-261.
- Jefferson KL, Shultz M, Heiselt A. Serving community faculty through a dedicated liaison. Medical Reference Services Quarterly. 2018 January 37(1):1-9.
- Blecic D; Wiberley S; De Groote SL; Cullars JM; Shultz M; Chan V. Publication Patterns of U.S. Academic Librarians and Libraries from 2003 to 2012. College and Research Libraries. 2017 May 78(4): 442-458.
- De Groote SL; Shultz M; Smalheiser NR. Examining the impact of the National Institutes of Health Public Access Policy on the citation rates of journal articles. PLoS One. Published October 8, 2015.
- Lyubechansky A, Jefferson KL, Henderson, M, Shultz, M. Bringing an academic library to the point of care: the Reno experience. MLA Annual Meeting 2018, Atlanta, GA. Paper Presentation.
- Shultz M, De Groote SL, Rachal M. Searching by author affiliation: challenges in tracking faculty output. MLA Annual Meeting 2018, Atlanta, GA. Poster Presentation.
- Jefferson KL, Rachal, M, Shultz M. Delivering continuing education to rural and frontier nurses using a course management system. MLA Annual Meeting 2017. Poster Presentation.
- Jefferson KL, Shultz M, Heiselt A. Serving community faculty through a dedicated library services liaison. MLA Annual Meeting 2017. Poster Presentation.
- Shultz M, Rachal M. Singular, plural and possessive: evaluating differences in results based on form of search term. Poster Presentation. Medical Library Association, Annual Meeting, 2015. Poster Presentation.