Why a wellness room?
There are times when you may need a quiet, private space beyond what your office or work area affords. When those needs arise—whether to make a personal phone call, make or keep an online personal appointment, or just to meditate, read, or relax--then consider using the wellness room at the Savitt Medical Library.
The room has a comfortable chair, a table, computer, phone, and a collection of wellness books that may be used there or checked out from the Library.
Who are the intended users?
- UNR Med faculty, staff, residents, fellows, and students.
- Other UNR faculty, staff, and students may also use the room.
- Unaffiliated patrons may not use the room.
Where is the wellness room located?
- It is in the back of the Savitt Medical Library, next to the History of Medicine Museum - room 104H
What resources are available?
- Books related to wellness. These may be used in the room or checked out at the Circulation Desk. The loan period is two weeks.
- Coloring sheets, pencils, and crayons to be used in the room for relaxation purposes.
- Puzzles and gadgets for stress relief.
- Online access to web-based resources (e.g. EAP, Physicians Support Line, meditation videos) and an online library guide to resources for wellness and stress management, including links to campus resources.
- The wellness room can be reserved for one hour at a time. Drop-ins are also welcome. The key will be at the Circulation Desk. A university ID is required for checkout.
- The room may not be reserved for blocks longer than one hour or multiple blocks by the same person.
- The room capacity is 1.
- To reserve the room call the library’s general number at 775-784-4625 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cleaning supplies will be available in the room. Those who use the room are required to wipe down the tabletop, keyboard, phone, and other items before and after use.
What it is NOT
- This room cannot be used for lunches/meal breaks. Beverages are allowed, but no food.
- This room cannot be used by unaffiliated community patrons.
- A lactation space is available in room 208B at the Pennington Medical Education Building.