Rules of conduct
Our makerspace fosters a creative and inclusive environment that is open to all makers and skill levels. We require that our Members follow our Code of Conduct to support our maker culture and ensure the safety of everyone involved. You are what makes our space flourish and we appreciate all that you do in making this a positive experience for all.
All Members of the DeLaMare Makerspace community must follow the following rules
- Only current Members can use the DeLaMare Makerspace, which requires completion of a Membership Agreement countersigned by a DeLaMare Makerspace employee.
- Members will respect our Maker Wranglers and staff members by acknowledging that they have final say on what is permissible inside the space.
- Members will maintain an inclusive environment and respect fellow makers. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
- Members will respect our space by leaving workstations cleaner than they found them.
- Members will maintain a safe environment by following the safety guidelines and wearing appropriate PPE for each piece of equipment and tool.
- Members will use only the equipment that they have been trained on and ask for help if they are unsure on how to operate a piece of equipment or tool.
- In accordance with our mission to support academic excellence, the use of our resources for academic research and class assignments will take priority over individual creative projects.
- The Makerspace is not responsible for any items left behind in the space.
- Children and service animals must always be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Access to the Makerspace is a privilege which can and will be revoked if members do not follow the policies, procedures, and expectations of the space.
- Makerspace equipment and services cannot be used for any unlawful purpose. Members assume all responsibility for compliance with local, university, state, and federal policies and laws, including those laws addressing weapons and intellectual property infringement.
- The most current rules and policies can be accessed in the Makerspace. Please ask any Makerspace employee for additional information.