As part of the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries’ mission, this committee is intended to promote and improve the organizational culture, collaboration with campus partners, and services to students. In this purpose, we are committed to:
- Diversity: Advocating for the understanding and positive impact of diversity in the Libraries staff, collections, exhibits, services and spaces.
- Equity: Meeting people where they are and working toward equitable policies and practices of fairness, justice, equal access and equal opportunity for all people.
- Inclusion: Helping lead the University Libraries to a place where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and where every individual is valued and feels a sense of belonging.
This committee will provide a forum for library employees to participate and collaborate in equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, including:
- Cultivate inclusive learning environments that accelerate self-agency through outreach, programs, events and services responsive to patron needs.
- Help build an atmosphere to attract and retain talent from diverse applicant pools.