Finding Items in a Language Other than English
Search OneSearch or specific databases for books and articles in other languages. Here are some useful tips that will make finding these materials easier.
- Type your search terms in the language of interest.
- Search in English, but limit your results to a particular language in a search field.
- Diacritics may or may not be detected in your search. Type the search word without the diacritic. Example: El Niño — type as El Nino.
- Some articles may have an abstract or title in English but the article itself may be in another language. Look at the body of the article to be sure of the language.
- OneSearch also provides a limiter
Browsing for Items in the UNR Libraries
Many non-English books, films, and audio recordings that are held by the UNR Libraries can be browsed in OneSearch. The World Languages & Literatures Library Guide has instructions and links for browsing in particular languages.