Requesting books and articles through Interlibrary Loan
If you are unable to get what you need through the library’s print or online resources, the library will try to get the material from another library for you. This service is available at no cost to students, staff, and faculty of the University.
To request items that are unavailable at the University Libraries use the “Beyond the University Library” filter on the right of the library search, choose the item you are looking for, log in using your NetID, and then choose from the options under “Get it from other locations.” If the item you were looking for is not listed choose the “Still didn’t find what you need? Click here to send a request” or go to the Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) page to order the item through ILLiad. ILLiad is a library system that is separate from the library search that patrons can use for requests to borrow books, articles, dissertations, etc.
Ordering difficult to find materials through ILLiad
To order works through Interlibrary Loan, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad).
- Enter your NetID Username and Password and click on Logon to ILLiad.
- One time only: The first time you use ILLiad, you will have to register to make sure the library has the correct information to notify you when your requested items are ready.
- Under New Request in the left menu, select the type of item you need, such as Book or Article.
- Fill out the required fields and Submit Request.
The library will contact you by email when your request is ready.