Using Google Scholar
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources. It includes articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions. Be aware that it is not a comprehensive resource and will not always take you to the full text of items you find. You can customize Google Scholar to link you to content available through the University of Nevada, Reno Libraries:
- Open Google Scholar.
- In the upper left-hand corner, click on the menu and then Settings.
- Click the Library Links on the left hand side of the page.
- Type University of Nevada Reno and click search.
- Make sure that you put a check mark in the box preceding University of Nevada – Reno – Find it @ UNR.
- After you run a search, on your results page you will see a link titled Full Text @ UNR to the right side of any articles that the Libraries have access to. Clicking this link will take you to a page with the full text of the article. If you are off campus, you will have to enter your NetID and password to gain access to the full text.