The grant deadline has now passed. Please check back in the future for further funding opportunities.
The FY22 grant application process will open in November 2021. Applications are due by December 3, 2021, at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
The OER grant team presented a webinar about the application on Friday, November 12th, or by visiting our website.
You can also learn more about OER at our Affordable and Open Educational Resources guide.
Applicants may also contact Social Sciences Librarian Teresa Schultz at firstname.lastname@example.org with any remaining questions.
Application form content
The web form will ask applicants to submit information including:
- Applicant name
- Applicant rank/position/department
- Names and positions of other project partners
- Approval of funding plan from the unit head. Do you have your chair’s or dean’s approval? (Y/N)
- Course information:
- course name,
- number, section/s,
- average enrollment (please indicate either total enrollment or per section),
- Information on the current textbook:
- ISBN or URL
- A narrative OER plan stating your plan to use an OER in this course. Explicitly:
- Do you plan to adopt an existing open educational resource or adapt existing materials?
- What type of content do you anticipate including?
- For possible OERs you have already identified, please include links to them (optional).
- Is the proposed OER central or peripheral to the course? (Is it the primary resource or ancillary?)
- Have you passed the University’s basic web accessibility course? Y/N
- What problems do you anticipate? (e.g., will students be challenged to access the resources, are there time constraints or technology barriers, etc.)
- What are your anticipated outcomes? How will you know they were achieved?