The program is open to academic faculty teaching a course in the 2023-2024 academic school year, including face-to-face, hybrid and online courses. Not sure if you qualify? Email us at email@example.com to find out.
Although we do not expect faculty applying for the program to already know exactly which materials they will use, we prefer applicants who have explored OER options for their course to ensure there will be something that meets their needs. This can include searching various OER databases or, as we recommend, meeting with your subject librarian.
Completed submissions will be evaluated by the committee. Awardees will be selected based on the narrative responses to the proposal questions, as well as the following criteria:
- Impact; strong consideration will be given to those projects that offer the highest potential savings to students (based on enrollment numbers and current text costs);
- Quality and strength of the application and how well it meets requirements;
- Ability to adapt or produce a quality product and actively engage students in the learning process and improve pedagogical results;
- Sustainability of the resource beyond initial use (its potential for use in future courses);
- Accessibility and usability of the resource for all students
Funding will be upon completion of the program. For awardees with more than one team member, grant funds can be split among multiple members.
The OER grant program is considered an over-load and must abide by UAM 2,695.