Study Carrels, located in Reserved Studies suite 421 on the fourth floor of the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, are reserved for use by faculty, graduate students, and emeritus faculty on a priority needs basis. Up to 16 studies will be reserved for current faculty. Assignments will be made according to the following priorities:
- Untenured professors, on the tenure-track, requiring extensive use of library print collections
- Tenured faculty on sabbatical engaged in research requiring extensive use of library print collections
- Ph.D. candidates, currently enrolled at the University of Nevada, Reno, writing dissertations requiring extensive use of library print collections
- Tenured faculty working on book projects that require sustained library use
- Emeritus faculty and visiting scholars whose work requires sustained use of library materials
Study Carrels are assigned for one year. However, use statistics will be evaluated at the end of each semester. The assignment may be revoked for insufficient use.
- Waitlist candidates are re-prioritized each year.
- Study occupants who will be away from Reno for a semester in the midst of a research project (research fellowship, teaching abroad, etc.) must surrender the study for the semester.
- Study Carrel occupants will receive an e-mail notification in early May announcing assignment expirations.
- Power and wireless are available in each study for use of a laptop.
Read the rules for the use of private studies and lockers, below.
Graduate & Faculty Lockers
Graduate students and faculty have the opportunity to apply for a locker. Lockers, located in Reserved Studies suite 421 on the 4th floor of the Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center, provide a place to keep materials. A $10.00 deposit will be charged for the locker. Lockers must be cleaned out and reported to the Libraries Administration Office, fifth floor, suite 513, at the end of the designated assignment period. If not, the deposit will be forfeited. Knowledge Center staff will not open a locker for any person other than the one to whom it was originally assigned.
Click on the link below to apply for a locker. The completed form will be sent to the Libraries Administration Office. Priority is given to master's students. Admission to Reserved Studies suite 421 requires key-card access and may be obtained by filling out the online form below, or visiting the IT/ Administration office on the fifth floor of the Knowledge Center, 513.