Looking for a place to study with your team?
The Knowledge Center and the DeLaMare Library have a variety of locations that can be reserved for group study. Click on the links below to reserve a room online, or find study room locations via our library floor maps.
Group study room FAQs
Can I use a group study room by myself?
- We ask that groups of two or more use the group study rooms at the Knowledge Center.
- The Lilli Brant Reading Room can only be scheduled by groups with eight or more people.
Are all rooms available for reservations?
- Group study rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the Knowledge Center are not available for reservation. These rooms are on a first-come-first-served basis.
Which rooms are available for reservation?
- Group study rooms on the 4th and 5th floors of the KC are available to book online. If they are not reserved the rooms are first come first serve.
- Room 202A at the DeLaMare Library
What happens if I am late for my room reservation?
- Group Study Room reservations are forfeited after 15 minutes.
If a room is open can we take it?
- Before taking an open room make sure that the room reservation card next to the door is free of conflicting events. If there are no reservations for a room it is free for use.
What is in a group study room?
- Conference-style table and chairs, one monitor for users to connect their personal laptop, one white board.
- White board supplies can be checked-out at the Access Services Desk.
- Laptops are available to be checked out from the @One Media Checkout.
How do I make a group study room reservation?
We recommend using a computer. The booking system is not mobile-friendly on all devices.
Please navigate to the University Libraries home page then click “Reserve a Room”, and log in with your NetID and password to University Libraries Scheduling System (MIKC, DLM, PSAC).
- Click “Create a Reservation” top left
- Click “Book Now” top right
- Enter “Date/time and Number of people”
- Click “Search”
- Click “plus sign” on the space that is available
- Click “Add Room”
- Click “ok”
- Click “Next Step” (adding setup notes is optional)
- Click “Next Step”
- Enter Event Detail (Event name and Event type), also make sure your email is correct
- Click “Create Reservation” top/bottom right
Can I make a same day reservation?
- If using the online portal, they must be reserved by 4:00 pm the business day prior.
- You can also call Library Administration at 775-682-5684 and we can make the reservation for you. We require four hours advanced notice to make a same-day reservation.