As the Earth Sciences, GIS and Map Librarian, I support the students and faculty of the Mackay School of Earth Science and Engineering. These include Geography, Geological Science and Engineering, and Mining & Metallurgical Engineering. I help users find, access, evaluate and utilize resources to support the learning, teaching and research needs. As the Map and GIS librarian, I help users locate physical or digital maps and assist users with multiple GIS (Geographical Information Systems) software and tools across campus. Individual consultation and workshops are available upon request.
B.A., English, University of Nevada, Reno
M.S., Library and Information Science, University of Denver (DU)
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Radniecki, T., Colegrove, P. T., Purpur, E., Klenke, C. (2016). Refocusing Mobile Makerspace Outreach Efforts Internally as Professional Development. Library Hi Tech, 34(1).
- Radniecki, T., Klenke, C., Purpur, E. (2016). Makerspaces in Academic Libraries: Opportunities for Teaching and Learning. Proceedings of 9th Annual iCERI 2016: The International Academy of Technology, Education, and Development (IATED). Seville: Spain vol. 9(pp. 8). https://library.iated.org/view/RADNIECKI2016MAK
- Radniecki, T., Klenke, C. (in press). Academic Library Makerspaces: New literacies to unlock the learning & innovation potential. ACRL Conference Paper. Baltimore, MD.
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (November 9, 2016). Virtual Reality: How Academic Libraries Can Support Teaching, Learning, and Research in New Ways. Proceedings of 9th Annual iCERI 2016: The International Academy of Technology, Education, and Development (IATED). Seville: Spain. https://library.iated.org/view/KLENKE2016VIR
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (October 29, 2014). HACKED: Change in the Culture of the Library. Internet Librarian, Information Today, Inc. Monterey, CA.
- Klenke, C., Miller, D. (October 31, 2013). Cataloging Outside the Quadrangle: Making Maps More Accessible at DeLaMare's Ansari Map Library. Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML) Annual Meeting. Yosemite, CA.
- Klenke, C., Colegrove, T. (October 28, 2013). Community Engagement & MakerSpaces. Internet Librarian Conference, Information Today, Inc. Monterey, CA.
- Hunsaker, A., & Klenke, C., Mining, Maps, and the Mackay Theses: Digital Scholars Treasures of Nevada, awarded by the Nevada State Library Archives and Public Records for $74,949, 2016-2017.
- Howard, K., & Klenke, C., & Barmore, G. Using 3D Makerspace Equipment to Create Nevada Fossil Replicas for Hands-on Investigations", awarded by the Paleontological Society Education and Outreach Grant for $2500, 2017-2018.