Suggest a Purchase
Alert for Book and Media Requests
Spring 2021 Update
Book requests will be accepted for both electronic & print formats, with an e-first purchase model for faster and broader user access to book content. Print books will be acquired only when the electronic versions are not available or if there is a specific need for the print version (such as musical score, an art book, or a map). Media requests will be accepted for both streaming & DVD formats.
Due to budget constraints and shipping delays due to the pandemic, as well a major software migration within the library, deadlines for purchase requests this spring are earlier than usual.
|Print Books||March 19, 2021||Purchase requests received after this date will be considered after July 1, in FY2022.|
|E-Books||April 15, 2021||Purchase requests received after this date will be considered after July 1, in FY2022.|
|Streaming media||April 15, 2021||Content approved by subject librarians that is available from vendors with established license agreements and known adherence to accessibility standards will be licensed through April 15. Content not available from established vendors will be considered for licensing after July 31, 2021.|
|Subscription databases and journals||April 30, 2021||Purchase or subscription decisions will be made by April 30, 2021. New requests will be considered after July 31, 2021 and will depend on FY2022 budget details|
Purchase Request Forms
We welcome purchase recommendations or requests from the University community for books, media, journals or electronic resources.
Please use the purchase request forms for items you would like to request.
- Book Request Form - Recommend books to be purchased by the University Libraries.
- Video or Audio Media requests - Please contact the librarian in your subject area to discuss your recommendations.
Journal & eResources requests - Please contact the librarian in your subject area to discuss your recommendations.
Your recommendation will be evaluated based on the Libraries' collection development policies and current budgetary constraints.
Purchase Request Forms (Liaison Librarians Use Only)
Liaison Librarians, please use the following forms to request books, media, journals or electronic resources.
- Faculty Book Request Form - Request books directly through Confluence. Log in with your Confluence credentials.
- Media Request Form - Request video or audio media.
- Faculty Journal & eResource Request App- Request journal or electronic resource purchases, subscriptions, or trials. Login with a University email address and Net ID password.