Support for Classes
Request a library instruction session
- Please contact your subject librarian to schedule a library session for your class.
- If you are a Core Writing instructor, please complete the Core Writing Instruction Request Form to schedule an instruction session.
Librarians can help with your classes
Librarians provide a full range of instructional services, including presenting to classes, creating specialized webpages and tutorials for courses, assisting with development of information-based assignments, and consulting on embedding information literacy concepts into the curriculum.
We can work with you to design one or more sessions that support your course goals. Below is a listing of the types of topics that we are happy to cover in your classes:
- Using library resources, such as OneSearch or subject-specific research databases
- Understanding and finding different types of sources (e.g., primary, secondary, peer-reviewed, popular, trade, news, statistics, images)
- Conducting background research
- Formulating topics
- Implementing advanced search strategies
- Evaluating sources
- Citing sources
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Using reference management tools (e.g., Endnote Web, Mendeley, Zotero)
- And more!
Core Writing classes
The Libraries provide support for the teaching and assessment of the research components of Core Writing classes. We look forward to helping your students successfully develop their research skills using digital and print resources available through the University libraries.
If you are a Core Writing Instructor, please complete the Core Writing Instruction Request Form to schedule a library session for your class.
We provide workshops on a wide variety of topics and are happy to arrange for workshops on request. A sampling of past workshops includes citation managers, research for graduate students, professional poster design, copyright issues, subject database searching, and a variety of software packages.
If you have any questions about library instruction, workshops, and support for classes, please contact Ann Medaille.